I have been playing around with making a base for a bigger face mask because I want one that will sit in the garden without disappearing. I started with paper to try and get the proportions right first, then the polystyrene and tape, but it was still a bit one dimensional so taped it over one of my Tupperware lids that don’t seem to fit anything anymore. Not too sure if it will work yet but a good place to start, will just try and see!
I just couldn’t wait for the workshop coming up in a couple of weeks to give this a try!
So here is my test run of the process, well my process at least, am still looking forward to the workshop where we will learn how to do it properly and about coating the finished piece using oxides I think. I will need to make another sculpture for that one.
For this one I am already imagining where it will live in the garden and which plants to surround it in. Before I started this one I made a small marquette so that I could experiment with how to position both halves of the sculpture, just because I thought it might be a bit dull as a single piece figure, this was fun in itself and got my imagination going. There are a few positions I really liked and assuming the pieces aren’t too heavy to lift it may end up being a bit of an evolving sculpture depending on my mood!
Made a clay sculpture, cut it in half and played around with it and some paper drawings. This one I really like but plan to do it in clay so I can get better detail.