Instead of recycling this bowl, which I really love and didn’t want to give up on, I decided to test out some magic water to fill in a crack at the leather hard, almost bone dry stage. That’s before the clay has had the first firing or bisque firing.
The magic water I made by dissolving as much Epsom salts as I could into water, this allows a really fluid solution using the minimum amount of water. To this I added crushed dry clay, the same clay I used to make the pot and a few squares of toilet paper.
I haven’t strictly followed a recipe with this one so am hoping it works, will have to nurse it through the first firing before I know if it has taken, but so far looks okay. I’m off to open the kiln now.