- i do like the way rutile added some variation over coloured slips, with some grainy texture and shades of yellow/ brown depending on how thickly i applied it, and pools nicely into texture.
- the yellow hue added by the 8% rutile subdues colours too much for my liking could test smaller amounts but don’t think will bother.
- rutile reacts in a nicer way when i have put it in the glaze with colouring oxides and stains so that they are in suspension together, not over a bisqued -slip so that doesn’t need anymore testing.
- bronze oxide underfired, will re-visit that one later but like the dry look.
- recycling the glass bottle worked better than the beads.
- took a punt on glazing the flowers before testing the effect of the rutile but the test tiles show me what i wanted to know and for some of them the loss or change of colour will be worth the compromise for the added texture, so am glad i did it 🙂