Thought it was time I did some tests of my coloured slips put on at the greenware stage, along with flowers and butterflies again. For a change I didn’t have enough to fill a bisque load, normally I have a mad scramble trying to work out how to squeeze it all in.
This sent me on a hunt, in the dark, in the shed looking for just one thing for the top shelf and I found it! A stoneware sculpture I had done so long ago I couldn’t remember when and didn’t have the heart to throw it because it was the first one I had tried that didn’t fall apart. I was a bit concerned about firing it along with the others because I had made it around tightly wadded, tied and taped newspaper so thought I should take at least some of it out.
Well now I know when I made it, 2003 it says, that gave me a little buzzy trip down memory lane 🙂